Delta Dental by the Numbers
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has been building trust by working to improve the oral health of Americans. We do this by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental serves more than one third of the estimated 212 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to more than 73 million people in more than 129,000 groups.
- Our nationwide dentist networks offer unprecedented access:
- Delta Dental Premier® offers the largest network of dentists in the country—encompassing more than 152,000 dentists and more than 356,000 office locations.
- Delta Dental PPOSM has a national network of more than 102,000 dentists practicing in more than 282,000 locations.
- DeltaCare® USA provides more than 59,000 dentist office locations.
- Our unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage more than $15.1 billion in 2015.
- In 2015, Delta Dental member companies processed more than 114 million dental claims, or approximately 2.2 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.75 percent.